Thursday, October 7, 2010

WITCHES HAT


I took a friend to Family Dollar the other day and saw this witches hat.

It's black velvet with a black boa around the outside of the brim.

It' spoke to me...I need to go home with you.

Then we went to the dollar store.

I got the bell you see at the top of the hat.
It was a christmas bell but I yanked off all that stuff.
Then I got a purple and green boa and a black crow.

Came home threw it together....nothing is glued.

Hat...$3
Crow, boa and bell....$3
I had all the rest.

I put it on a cake plate to give it alittle height for display.

For me part of the fun in creating is the thrill of the hunt for stuff cheap.
I don't mean quality cheap...I mean price cheap.
I think if I had all the money in the world I would still hunt for cheap prices.

I look at stuff and then look at the price and laugh
(I have champaigne taste on a beer budget)
and I don't drink.

I come home and try to figure out how it was done and do it cheaper.
Hence the thrill.

Plus there is a feeling you get when you make something with your own hands.
You can't get that feeling with money and store bought.

So try making something.
Don't give up if you dont like it!!!

my motto:

TRIUMP-----TRY WITH A LITTLE UMP BEHIND IT!!!

Make something and let me know how it went!!!
Happy creating...Mauna


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

v said...

You crazy girl. Love your creativity.