Wednesday, October 6, 2010

DIAPER BAG IS DONE

I made this quilt for my 5th grand baby that is coming
(right now actually!)

I wanted to try my hand at a rag quilt.

I am not rally a fan of cutesy baby stuff. You know the ABC's, butterflies etc.

I saw this zebra flannel and went Have to have it!!!.

Then I saw the Leopard and the rest kind of fell into place.

I love how it turned out and so did mommy. She asked if I would make a diaper bag and wipe holder to match. Of course you know a grammy will do anything!!

Here is the diaper bag.
I wanted to make it with the rag squares and the same pattern layout as the quilt.



I didn't have a pattern. I looked a few online and then just went for it.

Here is the inside.


Here is the bag with the diaper/wipe holder.


The big flower I made also.
I just cut out a cardboard circle.
Glued netting around the outside.
Made a long strip of black satin and gathered it
Swirled it around until it made a flower and glued it to the cardboard.

There is felt and a pin on the back so it can be removed.

Well, I am sitting by the phone waiting for a call....

I hate waiting!!!

Next up I did a witches hat and some spiders.
I also started a Christmas applique.

Off I go to wait..did I say I hate waiting!

Have a great day...come back soon

Mauna

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

LynnEl Springer said...

Those are awesome, Mauna! Hope to hear news soon! Who's having the baby?