Tuesday, October 19, 2010

GOING TO MEET BABY KENZIE

This is Miss Kenzie.
Tomorrow I am headed off to meet this sweet princess. 

and to squeeze these cuties!!!

I am so excited!!!!
Isn't that just the cutest family!!!


I had some left overs from the blanket and diaper bag I had made for Kenzie.
I thought I would whip up a burp cloth and a onesie.

This is my first attempt at the onesie.
Here is the front:

And here is the ruffle bottom..love it!


I didn't gather the ruffles.  I hand pleated them.

It's easier than it sounds.

I had layered two ribbons.   The pink ribbon has black stitching down the middle.
Won't use that again. (ribbon with stitching)  Made it bulky.

So I just hand pleated it.

You just push up a tuck in your fabric as it is about to go under the presser foot of your sewing machine.  Takes alittle practice and don't expect is to be perfectly spaced.
I am not into perfectly spaced...if I wanted that I would buy machine made.

Did ya notice my addiction.......yes that is eyelash yarn on the burp cloth.

Any color is good but I mostly use black.  But this just had to have hot pink!

So....this time tomorrow my arms will be full......of heaven on earth!!!!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: