Thursday, September 2, 2010

HEY CUPCAKE!!

Who knew you could take a black and white poka dot
cupcake papers
And turn it into this
I have seen these all over the web in white.
Martha Stewart did Christmas balls this way.
I was in the mood to make something for Halloween so I got out
my cupcake wrapper that I got at Michael's
my Styrofoam from Dollar Tree
and my trusty glue gun.
Don't ask me how many times I burnt my fingers before I
went and got a pencil to use instead.
Word of Advice:
What dose instinct tell you to do when you burn you finger.
Right--stick it in your mouth.
Not good with a glue gun burn.
I almost did it twice. Notice almost. It was a pretty close call!
Anyway, I am loving this.
I am also trying to decide if I should add some Halloween deco to it.
Let me know what you think.
My hubbies comment:
That's cute...I like it alot better than the book thingy you did.
Something tells me he wasn't that impressed with my book wreath.
I tell him his taste is all in this mouth.
Love that guy!!!!!!!
HOW DID SHE DO THAT?
I wasn't going off any instructions.
I just wrapped the styrofoam with black ribbon.
Then I folded the paper in half and crunched up the bottom.
put some hot glue on it and stuck it down.
Working from the outside in--round and around you go.
Come back tomorrow and see what I'm doing.
It involves chicken and fuzzy balls.
I will leave you with your imagination going!
Cya
Mauna

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

I love it and think it would fabulous with some little orange pumpkins on it! I want to make one now!