Sunday, March 23, 2008

One ofA Kind

I decided I would do a SU supplies only card. Kind of tricky since I own 2 punches, 5 colors of paper, 6 ink pads, 6 sets of stamps and no embellishments. But hey I am up for a good challenge.
I did break down though a put a clear drop in the center of the flowers and use a white gel pen.
I used my photo corners punch to make the leaves on the flowers (which were punched with my scallop punch).

I have notice a huge difference in ink I have gotten at my LSS and SU ink. I could never get a solid color with the LSS ink. The SU ink does a nice job.

I do have more SU on the way. YEAH!!!! Scheduled to arrive on the 25th.

Question for all of you - What would be the first SU embellishments you would suggest to buy?

Paper: Wild Wasabi, Purely Pomegranate, Blue Bayou, Whisper White
Ink: Purely Pomegranate, Blue Bayou
Stamps: One of A Kind
Punches: Scallop and Photo Corners
White gel pen and clear drops

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter!! Mauna
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Lori Rider said...

The first embellishment I bought was ribbon. You get a lot for not much money, and it really dresses up the cards. Get a couple colors that match the ones you have, maybe in a couple different styles - the grosgrain is pretty versatile, and in lots of colors, but the taffeta is my favorite. Good luck - I know it feels kind of limiting when you don't have much, but as you get more you'll start to enjoy it!

Dawn Easton said...

Your card is fabulous! I would never have guessed you had limited supplies!!!

I agree, ribbon is probably the first embellishments I bought. I made sure I got a white grosgrain because I could colour it with re-inkers, sponge daubers and chalk and now I use my SU! markers.

Brads are another nice embellishment.

Can't wait to see what else you have to show us!

Nancy Riley said...

Mauna, you've done a FABULOUS job on this card! WOW! It is so neat! I just love the way you used the photo corner punch for the leaves on the flowers ... clever!

I agree, ribbon and brads would be the first SU embellishments I would purchase.

Renée said...

This card is great especially with limited SU supplies! I agree about the ribbon. You can never go wrong with it! I would suggest one of each type too (like one grosgrain, one satin, one gingham). I've been using my punches a lot for my sentiments, so they're pretty handy too. Sponge daubers and dimensionals are a great investment!!