Tuesday, August 19, 2008

NO VAMPIRE JUST A SKETCH


No vampire...just "Bella Rose" paper!!
If you read my previous post you will get the no vampire thing.....
Here is my card for this weeks 2 Sketches 4 You .... fun sketch! I decided to try my new "Bella Rose" paper.
Turning the corner with my new scallop edge punch was tricky...I haven't mastered that yet but the second try on the pink was easier than the brown first try.
I used my polka dots and petals stamp and stamped a flower on the pink pirouette. The pink pirouette ink hardly shows up on the same color paper. It's almost the versa mark effect.

I love this green ribbon. I buy it at walmart. It will go with so many of the greens. I use it with then new kiwi kiss, wild wasabi and then old olive. If you are putting it straight on the color cardstock it's not so good but if you put it like I did it does really well.

HOW DID SHE DO THAT?

Stamps: Polka Dots and Petals, Michaels $1 sentiment
Ink: Pink Pirouette and Close to Cocoa
Paper: Bella Rose DP, pink Pirouette, Chocolate Chip
Tools: Scallop edge punch, medium eyelet spring punch and setter, pop up foam dots
Embellishments: Green Ribbon

It's gray and rainy outside...perfect day to stamp! Did I tell you I am off work this week. The office is closed. I won't end up working much in August. I could get used to this. Going to be a killer getting up for work next Monday!

My husband is in the Florida Keys for a business meeting. He has been smack dab in the middle of the storm. Glad it wasn't too bad!!! Hope he can fly home tomorrow. Never a dull moment!

Thanks for stopping by...hope you day is amazing!!!!
Mauna

Posted by Picasa

16 comments:

Nancy Riley said...

GORGEOUS! Great job with the scallop punch!

Anonymous said...

This is stunning.. WOW!!! Love it!! :)

Unknown said...

How funny - I love your No Vampire Story. The card is really beautiful. You did an awesome job on the sketch this week :)

Toni said...

Mauna, this card is stunning! This was the first time I got to actually take my time and go through your blog...really well done, you are such an inspiration!
take care,
toni

Joke said...

lovely card with a classic look.

Joke

Dawn Easton said...

Hey girl, this card is gorgeous!! Love what you did with the scallop punch!
I'm on vacation but wanted to pop in and say hi!

Glad to hear your husband made it through the storm okay!

Judy Beeksma said...

This card is striking!!!! Love it!!!

Lea L. said...

This card is so elegant and pretty! I love the floral theme of it! Great job with the sketch this week!

~lea

tomiannie said...

Such a striking card -- so pretty!

Kathryn said...

Bella Rose paper is so very pretty!
Your card is gorgeous! :)

Eveline said...

What a beautiful card. Love the colors together and the ribbon.
Eveline.

Alison said...

Pretty card and colours love it.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Mauna! Great job!

papertrails leaver said...

Mauna- this card is stunning! Thanks for sharing the ribbon details with us.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card, Mauna! I love the way you threaded the ribbon through the holes along the border! Fabulous work!

Ingrid said...

Gorgeous card, Mauna and beautiful color combo.